Tuesday 29 May 2012

Day Four.  22nd May 2012.

Ciste Dubh.  The Black Chest.

From the window of the bar of the Cluanie Inn, the sharp point of Ciste Dubh looks very inviting.  At 982 metres, it stands proud out on its own away from the main ridge some distance from the road.  Of all the mountains in the area though, this must be the simplest and most straightforward.

Virtually from the door of the Cluanie Inn, a good track heads straight for the base of this mountain.  After a short while, I wished I'd cycled along it for a mile or so to reduce the distance I'd have to walk out and off it!

There were no navigational problems or any difficulties whatsoever apart from a huge steep bank of heathery springy turf which was a long, hard sweaty pull to get over.  Thereafter, the views of the Five Sisters opened up to the west and the route ahead was obvious.





The summit views were very good but one easy day hadn't entirely cleared the ache in my legs but once they got going, it got easier.

The route down was much easier and there isn't a lot to report about this.  It's number four of the trip so far.

Once I'd got down, I packed the car and drove up to Torridon were I was staying in the Youth Hostel.

No comments:

Post a Comment